Creamy Cashew Chicken
with fragrant pilau rice
With a subtly nutty flavour from the creamy cashew sauce and the beautifully fragrant pilau rice, this is an exciting twist on a familiar dish that the whole house is going to love.
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Add 300ml water (double for 4p), turmeric and stock powder to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil then add the rice.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Fry until golden brown on the outside, 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Add the onion. Fry until softened, 3-4 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the cashews and creme fraiche together until almost smooth.
- Add the North Indian spice mix to the pan. Cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Pour in the passata, cashew mixture, ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p) and a knob of butter.
- Cook for 5-7 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: If you don't have a blender, finely chop the cashews instead!
- Season the curry to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Fluff up the pilau rice with a fork and serve alongside the creamy chicken curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of coriander.