Creamy Courgette Rigatoni
with chives and Italian style cheese
This is a hearty pasta dish that's nutritious too. The creaminess comes from creme fraiche—a lighter alternative to full-fat cream—while the courgette and baby spinach are filled with potassium, iron, and an array of vitalizing vitamins.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- Halve and peel the onion. Thinly slice half (double for 4p).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Finely chop the chives (or use scissors).
- Pull a vegetable peeler lengthways along the courgette to make ribbons.
- Zest half the lemon (double for 4p). Cut in half.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Add the rigatoni to the boiling water and simmer until cooked, 12 mins.
- When ready, reserve 50ml of the pasta water (double for 4p), then drain the pasta in a colander.
- Return the rigatoni to the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, place a pan over medium heat with a glug of oil.
- Once hot, add the courgette and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until softened, 2-3 mins, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the spinach a handful at a time and cook until wilted, 1-2 mins.
- Pop the cooked veg in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the muscat and reserved pasta water. Stir to dissolve the muscat and simmer until reduced by half, 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and cook until piping hot, then season with a pinch of pepper.
- Mix in the chives and three-quarters of the cheese.
- Add the pasta to your sauce along with half the veg.
- Stir until everything is well coated and warmed through.
- Add a pinch of lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper and lemon juice if needed.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel the sauce needs loosening.
- Serve heaping helpings of creamy pasta in bowls.
- Top with the rest of the spinach and courgette.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of the remaining cheese.