Creamy Mozzarella Rigatoni
with courgette ribbons and fresh parsley
In this recipe, courgette is turned into delicate ribbons and baked with a rich, creamy tomato sauce and globs of melting mozzarella. This is a pasta dish with a twist, and one you're sure to enjoy!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the courgette. Create long ribbons by running a peeler down the courgette lengthways.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the onion and garlic until fragrant, stirring occasionally, 2-3 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, creme fraiche, balsamic vinegar and half the Italian herbs (double for 4p).
- Stir well and season with ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p), salt and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for 5 mins.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if it becomes too thick.
- Lay the courgette ribbons out flat, side by side, in the bottom of an oven dish (don't worry if they overlap a little).
- Drain and tear the mozzarella into small pieces.
- Pour the sauce from the pan over the courgette ribbons.
- Arrange the mozzarella pieces on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until mozzarella is melted, 10-12 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the rigatoni to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Stir half the chopped parsley into the drained rigatoni. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta between bowls or deep plates and spoon the courgette and creamy sauce over the top.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley.