with balsamic lentils and baby spinach
Heart-healthy, protein-packed, and brimming with flavour, this is one dish you don't want to miss. The spinach and lentils make the perfect bed for a golden fried flaky hake fillet.
Not included in your delivery
- Trim the carrot then halve lengthways (no need to peel). Slice widthways into pieces about 1cm thick.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Cut the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the dill (discard the stalks).
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and carrot, season with salt and pepper and fry until soft and sweet, 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain the lentils in a sieve and rinse until water runs clear.
- Add the lentils, tomato, vegetable stock, 50ml water (double for 4p), Worcester sauce and balsamic cream to the carrots.
- Simmer until the carrots are tender, 4-5 mins.
- Add the spinach to the lentils, stirring until it's wilted.
- Stir though 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in another pan on high heat.
- Pat the hake dry with kitchen paper, then season with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, lay the fish into the pan and fry until golden, 2-3 mins. Turn and cook for 2-3 mins on the other side.
- Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw fish. The fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Place the lentils on plates and arrange the hake on top.