Hearty Vegetable Stew
Hearty Vegetable Stew
with cheesy crostini
Rich, hearty, warming. These are some of the words that probably spring to mind when you think about a classic comfort dish. They're also exactly the adjectives we'd use to describe this delicious vegetable stew and its accompanying cheesy crostini.
•Cereals containing gluten
Total Time45 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
(Contains Cereals containing gluten, Wheat, Barley May be present Milk, Soya)
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)2799 kJ
Energy (kcal)669 kcal
of which saturates7.2 g
of which sugars20 g
Dietary Fiber5.9 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the carrot then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the mushrooms and carrot until softened, 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Add paprika and chopped potatoes to the pot and fry for 1 min.
- Stir in the muscat, 250ml water (double for 4p) and chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15-18 mins.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the stew simmers, cut the baguettes into 2cm slices.
- Pop onto a lined baking tray and toast until golden brown, 8-10 mins.
- Once golden, remove from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over tops of the slices and return to the oven until the cheese has melted, 1-2 mins.
TIP: Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp water (double both for 4p).
- Add to the simmering stew and cook for another 3-5 mins.
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Divide the stew between bowls and serve with the cheesy crostini on the side.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
- Tuck into your warm and hearty meal!