Irish Sirloin Steak and Chorizo Salsa
with roast potatoes and rocket salad
The chorizo salsa that garnishes the sirloin steak in this recipe is tangy and slightly spicy. It's complemented by paprika roast potatoes with the faintest hint of piquancy.
21 Day Aged Sirloin Steak
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Pop the chunks onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil then season with paprika, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Chop the tomatoes into 1cm chunks.
- Take one-quarter of the rocket and finely chop—we'll use this as a herb for the salsa. Set the remaining rocket aside for later.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until it starts to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Add the garlic and half the tomatoes. Cook for 1 min more.
- Remove from the heat then stir in the apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p).
- Transfer to a small bowl, allow to cool for 1 min and then stir through the chopped rocket.
- Wipe the pan and return to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the sirloin until browned. Cook 1-2 mins on each side for medium-rare.
- Cook for another 1-2 mins on each side if you want it more well-done. IMPORTANT: Meat is safe to eat when the outside is browned.
- Once cooked to your liking, transfer to a board, cover and allow to rest.
- Pop the remaining rocket into a salad bowl along with with the remaining tomatoes.
- Dress the salad with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Divide the salad between your plates.
- Pop the roast potatoes onto your plates next to the rocket salad.
- Thinly slice the sirloin and arrange alongside.
- Finish by spooning the chorizo salsa over the sirloin steak.