Kidney Bean Chilli
Kidney Bean Chilli
with cauliflower rice and coriander garnish
A chilli is by nature a hearty sort of dish, and this kidney bean version certainly lives up to that reputation. Filled with fibre and protein, and with a lower carb rice alternative it's not only hearty but healthy too!
Under 650 calories
Total Time30 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
Red Kidney Beans
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)516 kcal
Energy (kJ)2161 kJ
of which saturates10.3 g
of which sugars24.5 g
Dietary Fiber15.6 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans in a sieve.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop.
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Place a large pot over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot fry the onion, garlic and pepper until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Lower the heat to medium-high, add the Mexican style spice mix and fry for 1 min.
- Add the drained beans, stock powder, chopped tomatoes and chilli (use less if you don't like spice) to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Stir every so often to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, quarter the cauliflower then coarsely grate (if you have a food processor you can use this instead).
- Add a drizzle of oil and a knob of butter to a medium pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cook the cauliflower rice until slightly softened, 3-4 mins, stirring regularly.
- Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir half the creme fraiche into the chilli and allow to warm through.
- Add a splash of water if a looser consistency is desired.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pick the coriander leaves (discard the stalks).
- Divide the kidney bean chilli between bowls.
- Serve the cauliflower rice alongside.
- Top with a sprinkling of coriander leaves and a dollop of remaining creme fraiche.