Korma Style Mushroom Curry
with roast aubergine and fluffy rice
Korma is a curry that's characterised by its creaminess, and this recipe can definitely be described in this way. The dish gets its rich velvety texture not only from the korma paste and coconut milk but also from the addition of peanut butter which is why it's also completely plant-based.
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Zest then juice half the lime (double for 4p).
- Trim the aubergine then halve lengthways.
- Chop each half lengthways into four strips then chop widthways into roughly 3cm pieces.
- Pop the aubergine onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat, then spread out and roast on the top shelf of the oven until golden and tender, 20-25 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary!
- Meanwhile, pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, place a separate pot over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the cashews and dry-fry until lightly toasted, stirring regularly, 1-2 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pot to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily!
- Add the mushrooms to the pot, season with salt and pepper and fry until golden brown, 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the garlic and korma paste and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add coconut milk, stock powder, peanut butter and 150ml water (double for 4p). Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has reduced by half, 6-8 mins.
- Stir the roasted aubergine into the curry. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the lime juice and half the coriander then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with the fork, stir through the lime zest and divide between bowls.
- Top with the creamy mushroom curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of cashews and the remaining coriander.