Lemon Honey Chicken
with baby potatoes and carrots
If you're craving a succulent chicken dish then you won't find one much better than this lemony honey chicken. The sweet and zesty sauce shines, while the tender cooked potatoes and veg provide the perfect pairing.
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop potatoes into 2cm chunks. Trim the carrot. Slice into 1cm rounds.
- Pick half the rosemary leaves (double for 4p).
- Trim parsnip and halve lengthways. Cut into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Pop potato, parsnip and carrot on a lined baking tray. Toss with salt, pepper, rosemary and a drizzle of oil. Roast on top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway.
TIP: Use two baking trays if needed.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Zest and halve the lemon. Juice half and cut the other half into wedges.
- Lay the chicken out on a board and place your hand flat on top. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, add the chicken steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook through, 3-6 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded.
- Return the pan to medium heat with a drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Once hot, fry the onion until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the honey, mustard, stock powder, 1 tbsp sugar and 50ml water (double both for 4p) to the pan.
- Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 mins.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook, ensuring to coat well in the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Divide the salad leaves and roast veg between plates.
- Top with the chicken steaks.
- Drizzle over the lemony sauce from the pan.
- Serve lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.