with blistered cherry tomatoes
Translated from Italian, melanzane is aubergine, a vegetable that's today integral to the country's cuisine. In this particular recipe, it's slow-roasted with sesame oil and paired with beautifully blistered cherry tomatoes to create a tempting veggie pasta dish.
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
(Contains Wheat May be present Egg, Mustard, Soya, Lupin)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)3474 kJ
Energy (kcal)830 kcal
of which saturates18.1 g
of which sugars15.9 g
Dietary Fiber0.9 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim the aubergine then cut into roughly 2cm pieces.
- Pop the aubergine onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer. When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until the aubergine is soft and golden, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.
- When boiling, add the linguine to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking. Cover to keep warm.
- When the aubergine has been cooking for 8-10 mins, remove from the oven.
- Pop the tomatoes onto the same tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then pop back into the oven for the remaining cooking time, 12-15 mins.
- Slice the lemon into 4 wedges.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a very light drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, cook the tomato paste until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Add the juice of two lemon wedges, 50ml water and ½ tsp sugar (double all for 4p).
- Pour in the creme fraiche and allow to warm through, 2-3 mins. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
TIP: Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if necessary!
- Once everything is ready, remove the aubergine and tomatoes from the oven.
- Toss the linguine, aubergine and half the cheese through the sauce, allowing everything to warm through.
- Divide the aubergine linguine between bowls.
- Garnish with blistered tomatoes, lemon wedges and remaining cheese.