Mexican Spiced Sweetcorn Soup
with Greek style cheese and tortilla strips
A warming and hearty bowl of goodness filled with Mexican-inspired features and flavours. Sweetcorn, crumbled cheese and toasted tortillas are just a few of the things that make this soup special.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Drain the sweetcorn in a sieve.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot fry the carrot with the Mexican spice mix until fragrant, 2-3 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock powder, chopped tomatoes and 400ml water (double for 4p).
- Cover and simmer until the carrots are tender, 15-20 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a knob of butter.
- Once hot, add the drained corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until golden brown, 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Cut half the tortillas (double for 4p) into thin strips. Cut each strip in half widthways.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with another knob of butter.
- Once melted, fry the tortilla strips until golden brown, 3-4 mins.
TIP: Fry in batches to avoid overcrowding if necessary.
- Meanwhile, zest and quarter the lemon.
- Once the soup is cooked, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the yoghurt to the soup and mix well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Add a splash of water if it becomes too thick.
- Divide the soup between bowls.
- Crumble in Greek style cheese.
- Top with buttered corn, lemon zest, chopped coriander and tortilla strips.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve any remaining lemon wedges alongside.