with creme fraiche and parsley rice
Stroganoff is a dish that has its origins in 19th Century Russia. As a recipe, Stroganoff is traditionally made with beef, however, veggie versions are often made with mushrooms due to their meaty texture. This mushroom Stroganoff comes with parsley rice and a helping of cooling creme fraiche.
Under 650 calories
Total Time30 minutes
Cooking Time20 minutes
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)2574 kJ
Energy (kcal)615 kcal
of which saturates15.9 g
of which sugars13.9 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Pan with Lid
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat and leave to the side (covered) for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, quarter the mushrooms.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Trim the carrot, then quarter lengthways (no need to peel). Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the onion, carrot and mushrooms to the pan and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 6-8 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium-high.
- Add the paprika and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir the vegetable stock powder into the pan along with 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Add the mustard, Worcester sauce and half the chopped parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins. Give it a stir every 4 mins or so to prevent sticking. Loosen with a splash of water if necessary.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and stir through half the creme fraiche.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with the fork.
- Add the remaining chopped parsley and mix to ensure it's evenly distributed throughout.
- Plate the fragrant mushroom stroganoff alongside the parsley rice.
- Top with a dollop of the remaining creme fraiche.