Paella-style Prawn and Chorizo Orzo
with parsley and lime
This delicious orzo dish is cooked in the style of a traditional Spanish Paella. Hailing from the Valencia region, Paella is a signature of Spanish cooking often made with a variety of different meats and types of seafood.
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Not included in your delivery
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Quarter the lime.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, fry the chorizo and pepper until the pepper starts to soften, 3-4 mins.
- Drizzle in some oil (if required) then add the cumin, paprika and garlic. Fry until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the tomato paste and orzo and cook, stirring, 1-2 mins.
- Add 400ml water to the pan along with ½ tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt (double all for 4p) and a knob of butter (if desired).
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the orzo is al dente, 15-20 mins. Stir every 3-4 mins or so to prevent sticking.
- In the final 5 mins, add prawns. Cook for 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked, season to taste with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice. IMPORTANT: Wash hands after handling raw prawns. Prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle.
- Stir a knob of butter and half the chopped parsley through the orzo.
- Divide your creamy orzo between bowls.
- Top with remaining lime wedges for squeezing over.
- Finish with a sprinkling of remaining chopped parsley.