Pea and Pesto Orzo
with cheese and chilli garnish
This cheesy pesto orzo tastes deliciously rich but not overly so. The addition of chilli cuts through with perfectly-proportioned spice. This is a hearty and comforting dish that's perfect for any occasion.
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and finely chop.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p) and a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the onion and garlic until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Add the orzo and muscat along with 400ml water (double for 4p).
- Stir in the chilli (use less if you don't like spice) and half the parsley.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the orzo is al dente, 15-20 mins. Give it a stir every few mins to prevent sticking.
- Once the orzo is cooked, stir through the peas, pesto, half the cheese and a knob of butter.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Add a little water if you feel the orzo is too dry.
- Divide your pea and pesto orzo between bowls.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and cheese.