Pork and Sweetcorn Tacos
with charred veg and zesty creme fraiche
These pork tacos are full of delicious charred veg and finished off with a generous dollop of zesty creme fraiche for a meal that's both filling and refreshing.
Central American Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve and deseed the bell pepper. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Drain and rinse the corn in a sieve. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Halve the chilli and discard the core and seeds. Finely chop half (double for 4p).
TIP: If you want to avoid turning on your oven you can dry-fry the tortillas in a pan instead.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- When the pan is hot, add the onion, pepper, corn and chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veg is dark golden brown, 4-5 mins.
TIP: Char in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Add the pork, garlic and Central American spice with a drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Fry until cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks, 3-4 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince. Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the tomato paste and 25ml of water (double for 4p). Simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pop the tortillas in the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Meanwhile, zest and quarter the lime.
- In a small bowl, stir together creme fraiche, lime zest and lime juice to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the tortillas between plates, then top with taco filling.
- Dollop with zesty creme fraiche.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve remaining lime wedges alongside.