Rapid Mushroom Rigatoni
with pesto sauce and parsley
This veggie pesto pasta dish is simple to make but it certainly doesn't lack in flavour. Vitamin-rich mushrooms and heaping helpings of Italian style cheese make for a nutritious and delicious meal.
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rigatoni.
- When boiling, add the pasta and cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Clean the mushrooms with kitchen paper and roughly chop.
- When the oil is hot, fry the onion until fragrant, 1-2 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 5-7 mins.
- Add the pesto and creme fraiche and cook until slightly thickened, 2-3 mins.
- Roughly chop the parsley, stalks and all.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan.
- Stir until fully coated and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the creamy mushroom pasta between bowls.
- Garnish with cheese and chopped parsley.