Shredded Carrot Satay Salad
with bulgur, spinach and toasted sesame seeds
There are so many appealing elements to this dish it's hard to choose the best thing about it. That's probably because the rich and creamy satay dressing brings out the very best in each individual ingredient.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya, Peanut, Nuts, Sesame)
Dried Chilli Flakes
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Not included in your delivery
- In a pot for the bulgur boil 240ml salted water (double for 4p).
- Once boiling stir in the bulgur, bring back up to the boil and simmer for 1 min.
- Pop a lid on the pot and remove from the heat.
- Leave to the side for 12-15 mins or until ready to serve.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Pick the coriander leaves and roughly chop.
- Halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the carrot, then coarsely grate (no need to peel).
- Finely chop the spinach.
- Halve the lime.
- Place a pan over a medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
TIP: Watch the sesame seeds like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- To a large bowl add the peanut butter, sesame oil, yoghurt and dried chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice).
- Mix well to make your dressing.
- Add a little water to thin it out if necessary.
- Toss the pepper and carrot in the peanut dressing.
- Add the chopped spinach and bulgur to the bowl.
- Mix well to coat everything in the dressing.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice.
- Divide the salad between bowls.
- Scatter over the toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander.
- Chop any remaining lime into wedges and serve alongside.