with couscous and Greek style cheese
Feel like eating something fancy but don't want to spend all evening in the kitchen? This speedy ratatouille is ready in a flash but still filled with flavour—and looks great on the plate!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Greek Style Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Trim and chop the aubergine into 2cm pieces. Pop the pieces onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer.
- Roast the aubergine until golden brown and soft, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, pour 200ml water (500ml for 4p) into a medium pot along with the stock powder.
- Bring to the boil.
- When boiling, remove from the heat, stir in the couscous and pop a lid on the pot.
- Leave aside, covered, for 8-10 mins or until ready to serve.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the couscous cooks, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the pepper until charred, 5-6 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: By stirring only every so often you'll allow the pepper to pick up a nice colour.
- Reduce the heat of the pan to medium-high.
- Add the paprika, chopped tomato, ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p), and half the parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 mins.
- Once cooked, stir in the roasted aubergine.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar, adding a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Once everything is ready, fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese into small pieces.
- Serve the ratatouille on a bed of fluffy couscous.
- Top with the crumbled Greek style cheese.
- Drizzle over a little balsamic glaze.
- Finish with a sprinkling of parsley and a pinch of pepper.