Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
with coriander and stir-fried veg
This spicy Asian-inspired veggie soup is the perfect cure for those altogether too-long evenings when you just can't seem to shake the cold. Serve with a perfectly soft-boiled egg for an added comfort factor.
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Thai Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the pak choi, then separate the leaves.
- Pick the coriander leaves from their stalks.
- Place a large pot over a medium heat (no oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry, stirring regularly, until lightly toasted, 2-3 mins.
- Once toasted remove from the pot and set aside for serving.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Return the (now empty) pot to a high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and fry until browned, 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, remove from the pot and set aside.
- Return the pot to a medium-high heat with another drizzle of oil if necessary.
- Add the pak choi and stir-fry for 3-4 mins until wilted, shifting occasionally. Set aside.
- Return the same pot to a medium heat (no oil).
- When hot, add the Thai spice and cook for 30 secs until aromatic, shifting frequently.
- Add the harissa paste, vegetable stock, soy sauce, honey and 600ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 7-8 mins.
- Add the noodles to the stock and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- While the soup simmers, bring a separate pot of water to the boil over a medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, carefully add your egg (use 1 egg per person) to the water.
- Simmer gently for 4-6 mins for a soft-boiled egg.
- Once cooked to your preference, transfer from the pot to a bowl of cold water—this will stop it cooking any further!
- Carefully peel the egg then halve lengthways.
- Divide your soup between bowls.
- Top with the mushrooms, pak choi and boiled egg.
- Scatter over the sesame seeds and picked coriander leaves.