White Bean Curry
with cucumber raita and naan
This lightly spiced cannellini bean curry is already hearty, but is helped even more by the addition of a warm and fluffy naan. A cooling cucumber and onion raita add a refreshing element to this delicious dish.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add half the onion and fry until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the North Indian spice mix and fry until fragrant, 30 secs.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes, beans, 75ml water, ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar (double all for 4p) into the pot.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 8-10 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir through the creme fraiche.
- Add another splash of water to loosen the curry if required.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- While the curry simmers, trim the cucumber then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the cucumber, remaining chopped onion and yoghurt.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a little water over each of the naans.
- Pop them into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- Divide the curry between bowls.
- Serve the warm naans and cucumber raita alongside.