Melted Mozzarella Beef Mince
with baby spinach and roasted potatoes
Though these may be Italian style meatballs, they're made with 100% Irish beef. Accompanied by a side of crispy roast potatoes and topped with melted mozzarella, this is a dish that everyone's sure to love.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Barley, Mustard, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (no need to peel).
- Pop the potatoes onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer (leaving room for the meatballs).
- To a large bowl, add the beef mince, breadcrumbs, mustard and Worcester sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper then mix everything together with your hands.
- Once combined, form into evenly-sized meatballs, 5 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- When the oven is hot, cook the potatoes and beef meatballs together for 15 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chopped tomato, 1 tsp sugar and 50ml water (double both for 4p). Simmer until slightly thickened, 5-7 mins.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir through a knob of butter.
- When the potatoes and meatballs have been cooking for 15 mins, remove the meatballs from the oven (leaving the potatoes to cook).
- Add the meatballs to an oven dish.
- Stir in the simmered spinach sauce.
- Drain then roughly tear the mozzarella and spread it on top.
- Place the oven dish in the oven below the potatoes.
- Bake everything until the mozzarella has melted and the potatoes are tender, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Divide the mozzarella meatballs between plates.
- Serve with the crispy potatoes alongside.