BBQ Beef Rump and Spicy Sauce
with rice and spinach tomato salad
If you're looking for something a little lighter—but still packed with flavour— for dinner this week, this could be the dish you've been dreaming of. A BBQ beef rump is accompanied by minty rice and a refreshing tomato salad, with a slightly spicy sriracha sauce on the side—so you can take as much (or as little) as you like!
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 10 mins then remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Slice the tomato into thin wedges.
- Pick the mint leaves from their stalks and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- Season the beef with BBQ rub, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt and sriracha. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef until browned, 1-2 mins each side for medium-rare.
- Cook for another 1-2 mins on each side if you like it medium and a further 1-2 mins on each side if you want it well-done. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when outside is browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, cover and allow to rest.
- In a bowl for the salad, toss the tomato wedges together with the spinach and a drizzle of oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the chopped mint through the rice.
- Thinly slice the beef rump and divide between plates.
- Serve the tomato spinach salad, rice and sriracha yoghurt alongside.