Curried Chicken Tortillas
with yoghurt and shredded carrot salad
The warmed tortillas in this recipe are piled high with some really great ingredients. A subtly spiced curried chicken is complemented with crunchy salad and off topped with a dollop of cooling creamy yoghurt.
Diced Chicken Breast
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Trim and coarsely grate the carrot (no need to peel).
- Zest and halve the lemon.
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and finely chop.
TIP: If you want to avoid turning on your oven, you can dry-fry the tortillas in a pan instead!
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the chicken and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until chicken is golden all over, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, tomato paste, North Indian spice mix and sweet chilli sauce to the pan.
- Mix well and simmer, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
TIP: Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if you feel it's too thick.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm through, 1-2 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the baby gem, halve lengthways, then thinly slice widthways.
- Add the shredded carrot and baby gem to a salad bowl.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and a drizzle of oil.
- Season with salt and pepper then toss to combine.
- Cut any remaining lemon into wedges for squeezing over.
- When everything is ready, divide the warmed tortillas between plates.
- Top your tortillas with a handful of salad, the curried chicken and a dollop of cooling yoghurt.
- Serve any remaining carrot and baby gem salad alongside.
- Finish with a sprinkling of chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).