Argentine-inspired Gourmet Beef Burger
with chorizo jam, spiced sweetcorn and cheesy chips
Chimichurri, chorizo jam, juicy beef, spiced corn—the elements of this dish are inspired by the dynamic cultural and culinary offerings found in the South American nation of Argentina, while a taste of home appears in the form of golden and crispy potato chips.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Red Wine Vinegar
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season well with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with half the cheese and allow to melt, 2-3 mins.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- To make your chimichurri dressing add the parsley, half the garlic, and half the red wine vinegar to a small bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), season with salt and pepper, mix together, then set aside.
- Drain the sweetcorn in a sieve. Toss with the paprika, a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, remaining garlic, 2 tbsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p).
- Add the mince, season with pepper and mix everything together with your hands.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls then shape into 2cm thick burgers—1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place the beef burgers onto a lined baking tray.
- Spread the spiced corn out on the baking tray next to the burgers.
- Bake on the middle shelf until cooked through, 12-15 mins. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, sprinkle the burgers with remaining cheese, return to the oven and allow to melt.
TIP: The burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat (without oil).
- Once hot, fry the chorizo until starting to brown, 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the remaining vinegar and allow it to evaporate fully, then remove from the heat. Add the sweet chilli sauce and mix until combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Cover to keep warm.
- Pop the brioche buns, cut-side up, into the oven to warm through, 2-3 mins.
- When everything is ready, divide the warmed buns between plates.
- Drizzle the bun lids with the chimichurri dressing.
- Spread the chorizo jam over the bun bases, then top with the burgers. Close with the bun lids.
- Serve the spiced sweetcorn and cheesy chips alongside.