Beef and Broccoli Noodles
with a ginger lime dressing
With succulent steak strips, perfectly cooked broccoli, and crunchy onion, this zingy noodle dish has an array of tastes and textures. This recipe is both well balanced and bursting with flavour.
(Contains Peanut May be present Nuts, Sesame, Cereals containing gluten)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of water for the udon noodles.
- Add the noodles then lower heat to medium-high and cook until warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot.
- Drizzle with oil and stir through to stop them sticking together. Keep covered.
- Meanwhile, boil a medium pot of water for the broccoli.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Halve and peel the onion. Thinly slice half (double for 4p).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Peel and grate the ginger. Use a teaspoon to easily scrape away the peel.
- Halve the lime, squeeze the juice and set aside. Roughly chop the peanuts.
- Cook the broccoli in the boiling water for 3 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, add half the grated ginger to a bowl for the dressing.
- Mix in 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p), soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, and lime juice.
- Add the chopped peanuts.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on high heat.
- Fry the sliced onion and broccoli for 6-8 mins.
- Add the garlic and the remaining ginger at the last minute.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and set aside covered.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Once the oil is hot, lay into the pan and fry until browned, 2-3 mins each side. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat.
- Lower the heat and cook for another 1-2 mins each side if you want medium-rare.
- When done, transfer to a board and allow to rest for a few minutes. Steak is safe to eat when outside is browned.
TIP: Cook for 1-2 mins more if you like it more well done.
- Slice the beef into thin strips.
- Divide the noodles between plates.
- Place the broccoli onion mix on top.
- Top with the beef strips and drizzle over the ginger lime dressing.