Charred Sweet Soy Hake
with green beans, broccolini and rice
Heart-healthy fish means this recipe is lower in calories, but it's also packed with protein and healthy fats. The slightly spicy sweet soy marinade is the standout element in this dish.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold water (double for 4p) and the half the fish sauce (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Trim the broccolini and green beans.
- Mix the soy sauce, half the sweet chilli sauce, and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p) in a large bowl. Add the fish to the bowl and leave to marinate. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw fish.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the veg and garlic for 2-3 mins.
- Add a splash of water and cover with a lid or some foil. Cook until tender, 4-5 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the marinated hake. IMPORTANT: Fish is cooked when opaque in the middle.
- Fry on one side until golden, 2-3 mins. Turn over and cook for 2-3 mins on the other side.
TIP: Add a splash of water if necessary!
- Dish up the rice and green veg.
- Top with the charred hake and any marinade that remains in the pan.
- Drizzle the remaining sweet chilli sauce over the fish.