Chicken and Chorizo Rice
with roasted tomatoes and bell peppers
This Iberian-inspired rice is full of savoury flavours. Softened bell peppers, bursting cherry tomatoes, succulent chicken, and spicy chorizo all fight for top billing in this jam-packed and delicious dish.
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the tomatoes. Halve the lemon.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Pop the pepper onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast on the top shelf of your oven until charred and soft, 15-20 mins.
- Halfway through cooking, add the tomatoes to the tray and pop back into the oven for the remaining time.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover to keep warm.
- While the veg roasts, place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the diced chicken and chorizo. IMPORTANT: Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, 4-6 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the garlic and paprika to the pan and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 min.
- Pour in 500ml water (double for 4p) along with the stock powder.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside (still covered) for another 10 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once ready, fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Add the roasted pepper and tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir through the juice of half the lemon (double for 4p) and half the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel it's too dry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining parsley.
- Cut any remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.
- Place the pan on the table and let everyone help themselves.