Chicken and Chorizo Rice
Chicken and Chorizo Rice
with roasted tomatoes and bell peppers
This Iberian-inspired rice is full of savoury flavours. Softened bell peppers, bursting cherry tomatoes, succulent chicken, and spicy chorizo all fight for top billing in this jam-packed and delicious dish.
Under 650 calories
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)638 kcal
Energy (kJ)2671 kJ
of which saturates5.9 g
of which sugars9.3 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
•Pan with Lid
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the tomatoes. Halve the lemon.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Pop the pepper onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast on the top shelf of your oven until charred and soft, 15-20 mins.
- Halfway through cooking, add the tomatoes to the tray and pop back into the oven for the remaining time.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover to keep warm.
- While the veg roasts, place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the diced chicken and chorizo. IMPORTANT: Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, 4-6 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the garlic and paprika to the pan and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 min.
- Pour in 500ml water (double for 4p) along with the stock powder.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside (still covered) for another 10 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once ready, fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Add the roasted pepper and tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir through the juice of half the lemon (double for 4p) and half the parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
TIP: Add a splash of water if you feel it's too dry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining parsley.
- Cut any remaining lemon into wedges and serve on the side.
- Place the pan on the table and let everyone help themselves.