Chicken and Chorizo Rice
with roasted tomatoes and bell peppers
This Iberian-inspired rice is full of savoury flavours. Softened bell peppers, bursting cherry tomatoes, succulent chicken, and spicy chorizo all fight for top billing in this jam-packed and delicious dish.
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the tomatoes. Halve the lemon.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Pop the peppers onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in your oven until charred and soft, 18-20 mins.
- Halfway through cooking, add the tomatoes to the tray and pop back into the oven for the remaining time.
- Once cooked, remove from your oven and cover with foil to keep warm.
- While the veg roasts, place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the diced chicken and chorizo. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw meat.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, 4-6 mins. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
TIP: You may want to do this in batches to avoid stewing the chicken.
- Stir the garlic and paprika into the pan and cook for 1 min.
- Add the rice.
- Stir well to fully coat and cook for 1 min.
- Pour in 350ml water (double for 4p) along with the stock.
- Bring the pan to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover with a lid (or some foil) and cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside (still covered) for another 10 mins. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once ready, add in the roasted pepper and tomato along with a squeeze of lemon juice and half the parsley.
- Stir everything to combine, then taste and season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice if you like.
- Cut any remaining lemon into wedges.
- Sprinkle on the remaining parsley.
- Place the pan on the table, top with lemon wedges, and let everyone help themselves.