Chilli and Cherry Tomato Orzo
with parsley and grated Italian cheese
This creamy veggie orzo is both filling and filled with flavour. Mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fragrant garlic make this an abundant dish, with optional spice in the form of fresh chilli for the heat seekers out there.
(Contains Wheat May be present Lupin, Egg, Mustard, Soya)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Halve the chilli lengthways. Deseed and finely chop.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the garlic, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-6 mins.
- Add muscat, 400ml water, ½ tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt and 1 tbsp butter (double all for 4p) to the pot.
- Stir in half the parsley along with the orzo and chopped chilli (use less if you don't like spice).
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the orzo is softened, 15-20 mins. Stir every 3-4 mins to prevent sticking.
- Once cooked, stir through the creme fraiche and half the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide your creamy cherry tomato orzo between bowls.
- Top with a scattering of the remaining parsley and grated cheese.