Chipotle Bean Quesadillas
with tomato salsa and cooling creme fraiche
These veggie quesadillas are spicy, beany and deliciously cheesy. Above all else though, they're super easy. The perfect meal if you're looking for something healthy, fresh, and ready in 35 minutes or less.
Red Kidney Beans
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Mexican Style Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans in a sieve.
- Pop the beans into a medium bowl and roughly mash with the back of a fork (or a potato masher).
- Halve, peel and finely dice the onion.
- Trim and grate the carrot (no need to peel).
- Cut the tomatoes into 2cm dice.
- Add the carrot, chipotle paste, Mexican spice mix, tomato paste and half the onion to the beans. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
- Lay the tortillas out on a board.
- Spread a little of the bean mixture over one-half of each, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Top each with a sprinkling of the cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half to make semicircles.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- When hot, carefully place the folded quesadillas into the pan.
- Fry until golden, 1-2 mins each side. Turn carefully.
- Lightly press down on each one with a spatula to ensure they stick together and brown nicely.
TIP: You might have to do this in batches. Add more oil to the pan as needed and cover cooked quesadillas with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix the diced tomatoes with the remaining onion, balsamic glaze and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4p) in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dish up the quesadillas with the tomato salsa and creme fraiche alongside.