Creamy Pea Curry
with spinach and cannellini beans
This creamy pea curry is inspired by a number of different cuisines. That's why it's bursting with flavour, fabulously spicy and filled with an array of different vibrant vegetables.
Red Thai Style Paste
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, trim the root and the dark green leafy part from the leek. Halve lengthways, then thinly slice.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel and grate the garlic.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the garlic, leek and ginger for 2 mins. Add the red Thai paste and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in stock powder, 50ml water (double for 4p), coconut milk and ketjap manis. Simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Add tomatoes and peas. Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add cannellini beans and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, 1-2 mins.
- Season the curry to taste with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if you feel the curry is too thick.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Divide the rice between bowls.
- Spoon the fragrant curry over the top.