Crispy Cauliflower Dahl
with rice and naan
This crispy cauliflower dahl is fragrant and flavoursome with just enough heat to give a little kick without knocking you out. You'll be grateful you can mop up every morsel of this dish with the accompanying naan.
North Indian Style Spice Mix
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and the stems into pieces.
- On a lined baking tray, mix the cauliflower with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast on the top shelf of the oven until cauliflower is tender and crispy, 15-20 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Dilute the stock with 250ml hot water (double for 4p).
- Finely chop the onion.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Deseed and mince the chilli. Finely chop the coriander.
- Drain and rinse the lentils.
- Boil a pot of salted water for the rice.
- Add half the rice (double for 4p) and cook for 10-12 mins.
- Drain in a sieve and pop back in the pot.
- Cover with a lid and leave to the side until ready to serve.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on high heat.
- Fry the onion and chilli (use less if you don't like spice) for 2-3 mins then add the North Indian spice mix and ginger.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, and diluted stock to the pan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, 10-15 mins over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, warm the naan bread in the oven for 4-6 mins.
- Once the dahl is cooked, just before serving, stir in two-thirds of the roasted cauliflower.
- Arrange the rice in deep plates or bowls.
- Add the dahl on top, then the rest of the roasted cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with the cashews and coriander.
- Serve the naan on the side.