Crispy Cauliflower Topped Bean Chilli
with courgette and coriander
A savoury symphony! This nutritious veggie recipe is packed with exciting elements. Hearty bean chilli, cooling yoghurt topping and crispy cauliflower nuggets to finish the whole thing off.
Central American Style Spice Mix
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets (like small trees). Halve any large florets.
- Pop the florets into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the aioli and toss to coat.
- In another small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with ½ tsp salt (double for 4p) half the Central American spice mix and a glug of oil.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the cauliflower and toss to coat evenly.
- Pop the coated cauliflower onto a lined baking tray and spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden and crispy, 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the chilli lengthways, deseed and finely chop.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the courgette and cook, stirring, for 3 mins.
- Stir in the garlic and remaining Central American spice and cook for 1 min more.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 75ml water (double for 4p).
- Bring to a simmer, then leave to cook for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Transfer one-third to a bowl and crush with a fork.
- When the stew has simmered for 5 mins, add the whole and crushed beans.
- Cook until slightly reduced, 5-6 mins.
- Stir half the coriander into the stew. Remove from the heat. Season with salt and as much chilli as you like (use less if you don't like spice).
TIP: Loosen with a splash of water if you feel it's become too thick.
- When the cauliflower nuggets are crisp, remove from the oven.
- Spoon the bean stew into bowls and add a dollop of yoghurt.
- Carefully arrange the cauliflower on top.
- Finish with a sprinkling of the remaining coriander.