Festive Turkey Burger and Chorizo Sprouts
with caramelised shallot and cranberry chutney
A specially made festive recipe for you to enjoy this holiday season!
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Grated Italian Style Hard Cheese
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then into 1cm chips (peeling optional).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season well with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, bake on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, pick half the sage leaves (double for 4p) and roughly chop (discard the stalks).
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey mince, sage, breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp water and ¼ tsp salt (double both for 4p). Season with pepper and mix together by hand.
- Roll into evenly-sized balls, then shape into 2cm thick burgers, 1 per person. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
TIP: Burgers will shrink a little during cooking.
- Pop the burgers onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake on the middle shelf until cooked through, 15-20 mins. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- After the turkey burgers are cooked, sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and return to the oven until melted, 5-6 mins.
- When the chips have 5 mins of cooking time remaining, sprinkle over the Italian style cheese and return to the oven to melt.
- Trim the sprouts and halve through the root.
- When 5 mins of cooking time remain for the chips, place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the sprouts and chorizo until starting to brown, 3-4 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of water and immediately cover with a lid or some foil.
- Cook until the sprouts are tender, 4-5 mins. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the shallot.
- Place a pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the shallot until sweet and softened, 5-6 mins. Add the cranberry chutney and ½ tsp sugar (double for 4p).
- Bring to a simmer and season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish off with a knob of butter.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm, 2-3 mins. Thinly slice the tomato.
- When everything is ready, lay the tomato slices over the bun bases.
- Top with the turkey burger.
- Finish by pouring over the caramelised shallot and cranberry chutney, then close with the bun lid.
- Serve with cheesy chips and chorizo sprouts alongside.