Golden Crumbed Chicken
with creamy mash and carrots
A delicious take on a classic kind of dish that's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. What's not to love about crispy breaded chicken, creamy mash, and sweet and tender carrots?
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Boil a large pot of salted water for the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes into 2cm chunks (peeling optional).
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until fork tender, 15-20 mins.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes in a colander and return to the (pot off the heat).
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk or water. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim the carrots. Halve lengthways. Cut into 1cm wide, 5cm long batons.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Pop the carrots onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt, pepper and cumin then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the middle shelf until tender, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- When cooked, toss the carrots with the honey and parsley.
- Lay the chicken out on a chopping board. Place your hand flat on top.
- Slice horizontally until there's 2cm left (don't slice all the way through). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
- Open the chicken breasts up like a book.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh. It will still taste delicious once cooked!
- Add the mayo to a large bowl then add the chicken, turning so it's well coated all over.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a separate bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, press both sides into the breadcrumbs to coat completely.
- Carefully shake off any excess breadcrumbs.
- Place a large pan over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, lay the butterflied chicken into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned and cooked through, 3-6 mins each side.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cover to rest for a couple of mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: You want the oil to be nice and hot so the chicken fries properly.
- Arrange the creamy mashed potato and carrots on your plates.
- Serve the golden chicken alongside.