with potato wedges and cumin veg
Harissa is a smoky and piquant chilli paste from North Africa that adds a pleasant kick to this succulent chicken dish. The accompanying tender roast veg and golden wedges make this into a filling and flavoursome meal.
Under 650 calories
Total Time35 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)650 kcal
Energy (kJ)2719 kJ
of which saturates3.8 g
of which sugars16.7 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 1cm wide wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the carrot, quarter lengthways and chop widthways into small pieces (unpeeled).
- Halve, peel and slice the onion into 2cm wedges.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the carrot, pepper and onion until slightly charred, stirring occasionally, 5-7 mins. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Remove from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, lay the chicken breast out on a board.
- Place your hand on top and carefully slice from thicker end to thin point until there are 2cm left (don't slice all the way through).
- Open it up like a book. Repeat with the other breast(s). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Return the pan to medium heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, lay the chicken into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned on the outside and cooked through, 3-6 mins each side.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the harissa in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the chicken.
- When everything is ready, plate up the sliced chicken.
- Serve the potato wedges and cumin veg alongside.
- Finish with a generous dollop of the harissa yoghurt.