with potato wedges and cumin veg
Harissa is a smoky and piquant chilli paste from North Africa that adds a pleasant kick to this succulent chicken dish. The accompanying tender roast veg and golden wedges make this into a filling and flavoursome meal.
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes into 1cm thick wedges (no need to peel).
- Pop the wedges onto a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-35 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the carrot, quarter lengthways and chop widthways into small pieces (unpeeled).
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the carrot and pepper until slightly charred, stirring occasionally, 5-7 mins. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Remove from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, lay the chicken breast out on a board.
- Place your hand on top and carefully slice from thicker end to thin point until there are 2cm left (don't slice all the way through).
- Open it up like a book. Repeat with the other breast(s). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging we use to keep it fresh.
- Return the pan to medium heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, lay the chicken into the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 3-6 mins each side.
- Mix half the harissa paste with a splash of water. Pour over the chicken and turn until coated and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and allow to rest, 1-2 mins. IMPORTANT: Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, mix the yoghurt with the remaining harissa in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When everything is ready, plate up the chicken with a drizzle the honey over the top.
- Serve the potato wedges and cumin veg alongside.
- Finish with a generous dollop of the harissa yoghurt.