with baby corn and noodles
Hoisin is a thick, sweet and salty sauce popular in Cantonese cuisine. It's most commonly used to marinate meat or poultry which is why in this recipe it pairs perfectly with succulent chicken and tender veg.
(Contains Wheat, Sesame, Soya)
(Contains Sesame May be present Cereals containing gluten, Peanut, Nuts)
Diced Chicken Breast
Sweet Asian Sauce
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the noodles. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-5 mins.
- Drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat. Toss with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place a large pan over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the sesame seeds and cook until toasted, stirring, 2-3 mins. Once toasted, remove the sesame seeds from the pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve the baby corn lengthways.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the baby corn to the pan and stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Wipe and return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the onion, chicken and garlic, stirring occasionally, 8-10 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to packaging used to keep it fresh.
- Add the hoisin sauce, sweet Asian sauce and 75ml water (double for 4p) to the pan. Loosen the sauce with a splash of water if you feel it's too thick.
- Add the noodles to the pan and gently toss in the sauce.
- Simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the baby corn to the pan and stir to combine.
- When everything is ready, divide the hoisin chicken noodles between bowls.
- Spoon any remaining sauce from the pan over the top.
- Finish with a scattering of toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.