Homemade Apple Beef Burgers
with crispy chips and ketchup
Grated apple provides an easy way to add taste and texture to a burger. Perfectly crispy chips and tangy dipping ketchup are also welcome additions to this dish.
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then chop into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in one layer.
- Cook on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into quarters and remove the core.
- Coarsely grate one-quarter of the apple and set aside.
- Cut the remaining apple lengthways into thin slices.
- Peel then slice the onion into thin rings.
- In a large bowl mix together the balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss through the onion rings and leave to marinate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince with the grated apple and the breadcrumbs. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix together with your hands.
- Roll into even-sized balls, then shape into 1cm thick burgers, 1 per person.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn every 3-4 mins. Lower heat if needed. IMPORTANT: The burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and add some cheese to the top of each burger. Cover and set aside until the cheese melts, 3-4 mins.
- Pop the buns into the oven to warm for 2-3 mins.
- To assemble the burgers, spread a spoonful of mayo over each base bun.
- Top with beef patty, apple slices and onion. Close with the top bun.
- Serve with chips and ketchup alongside.