Honey Bacon Cheese Burger
with chips and tomato salad
These BBQ burgers are piled high with juicy beef patties and crispy, honey glazed bacon. Golden chips and a refreshing side salad are just the things to make this American-inspired meal a home run.
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then chop into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Add the BBQ sauce, breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp water (double for 4p) to a large bowl.
- Season with ½ tsp salt and pepper (double for 4p), then add the beef mince.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Roll the mince into evenly-sized balls, then flatten and shape into 2cm thick burgers (1 per person). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn every 3-4 mins and adjust heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When almost done, place cheese on top of each burger and cover pan to allow the cheese to melt, 3-4 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer the burgers from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Give the pan a wipe then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Lay in the bacon and fry until crispy and brown, 3-4 mins on each side.
- Add the honey and turn to coat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside. IMPORTANT: Cook bacon thoroughly.
TIP: If your honey has hardened, pop the sachet in a bowl of hot water for 1 min.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Roughly chop the tomato.
- Add the tomato, onion and apple cider vinegar to a large a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p). Mix until combined, then set aside.
- A few mins before the chips are done, pop the brioche buns into the oven to warm, 2-3 mins.
- When everything is ready, spread aioli over the cut side of each bun.
- Lay a cheesy burger patty onto the bun base and top with the honeyed bacon.
- Close the burger with the bun lid.
- Serve with chips and salad alongside.