Honey Bacon Cheese Burger
Honey Bacon Cheese Burger
with crispy chips and tomato salad
These BBQ burgers are piled high with juicy beef patties and crispy, honey glazed bacon. Golden chips and a refreshing side salad are just the things to make this American-inspired meal a home run.
Eat Me First
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time35 minutes
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Milk, Egg, Soya, Wheat May be present Lupin, Nuts, Sesame)
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)1423 kcal
Energy (kJ)5954 kJ
of which saturates29.1 g
of which sugars18.8 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
•Pan with Lid
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Chop the potatoes lengthways into 1cm slices, then chop into 1cm wide chips (no need to peel).
- Pop the chips onto a large (lined) baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Spread out in a single layer.
- When the oven is hot, roast on the top shelf until golden, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary.
- Add the BBQ sauce, breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp water (double for 4p) to a large bowl.
- Season with ½ tsp salt and pepper (double for 4p), then add the beef mince.
- Mix with your hands until well combined.
- Roll the mince into evenly-sized balls, then flatten and shape into 2cm thick burgers (1 per person). IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the burgers until browned on the outside and cooked through, 12-14 mins.
- Carefully turn every 3-4 mins and lower heat if needed. IMPORTANT: Burgers are cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
- When almost done, place cheese on top of each burger and cover pan to allow the cheese to melt, 3-4 mins.
- Once cooked, transfer the burgers from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Give the pan a wipe then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Lay in the bacon and fry until crispy and brown, 3-4 mins on each side.
- Add the honey and turn to coat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside. IMPORTANT: Cook bacon thoroughly.
TIP: If your honey has hardened, pop the sachet in a bowl of hot water for 1 min.
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Roughly chop the tomato.
- Add the tomato, onion and apple cider vinegar to a large a bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and 1 tsp sugar (double for 4p). Mix until combined, then set aside.
- A few mins before the chips are done, pop the brioche buns into the oven to warm, 2-3 mins.
- When everything is ready, spread aioli over the cut side of each bun.
- Lay a cheesy burger patty onto the bun base and top with the honeyed bacon.
- Close the burger with the bun lid.
- Serve with chips and salad alongside.