Korma Style Mushroom Curry
Korma Style Mushroom Curry
with roast aubergine and fluffy rice
Korma is a curry that's characterised by its creaminess, and this recipe could definitely be described in this way. The dish gets its rich velvety texture not only from the korma paste and coconut milk but also from the addition of peanut butter which is why it's also completely plant based.
Total Time40 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
(Contains Cashew nuts May be present Sesame, Cereals containing gluten, Peanut)
Korma Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kJ)2815 kJ
Energy (kcal)673 kcal
of which saturates17 g
of which sugars10.7 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
•Baking Sheet with Baking Paper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all).
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Zest then juice half the lime (double for 4p).
- Trim the aubergine then halve lengthways.
- Chop each half into four strips then chop widthways into roughly 3cm pieces.
- Pop the aubergine onto a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat, then spread out and roast on the top shelf of the oven until golden and tender, 20-25 mins.
TIP: Use two baking trays if necessary!
- Meanwhile, pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove from the heat and leave aside until ready to serve (keep covered so the rice can continue to cook in its own steam).
- While the rice cooks, place another medium pot over medium heat (without oil).
- Once hot, add the cashews and dry-fry until lightly toasted, stirring regularly, 1-2 mins.
- Once toasted, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pot to medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they can burn easily.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot, season with salt and pepper and fry until golden brown, 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the garlic and korma paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock powder, peanut butter and 150ml water (double for 4p). Stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has reduced by half, 6-8 mins.
- When the aubergine is cooked, stir it into the curry. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lime juice and half the coriander then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the rice with the fork, stir through the lime zest and divide between bowls.
- Top with the creamy mushroom curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of cashews and the remaining coriander.