Pea and Mushroom Rogan Josh
with sprinkled scallion and fluffy rice
This slightly spicy rogan josh veggie curry features two vibrant veg, peas and mushrooms, which each bring their own unique elements to this abundant and nutritious dish.
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
North Indian Style Spice Mix
Rogan Josh Curry Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Pour 300ml cold salted water (double for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in the rice and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to medium and cover with the lid.
- Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pot from the heat.
- Keep covered for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, cook the onion until softened, stirring occasionally, 4-5 mins.
- Once the onion has softened, add the mushrooms, garlic, rogan josh paste and North Indian spice mix.
- Cook, stirring continuously, for 1 min.
- Add the peas and cook until warmed through, 3-4 mins.
- Pour in 50ml water (double for 4p) along with the vegetable stock powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 8-10 mins.
- Loosen with a splash of water if necessary.
- Taste the curry, adding salt and pepper if you feel it needs it.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between bowls.
- Top with pea and mushroom curry.
- Finish with a sprinkling of sliced scallion.