Rich Spiced Beef Arrabiata
with cheese and chilli flakes
A simple and super speedy pasta dish. Red wine jus adds depth and richness to the lightly spiced sauce that coats the juicy beef strips in this Italian-inspired recipe. Perfect for days when you want something that's flavourful, filling, and ready in a flash.
Dried Chilli Flakes
(Contains Wheat May be present Mustard, Soya)
Red Wine Jus
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.
- When boiling, add the pasta to the water and bring back to the boil.
- Cook until softened, 12 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a colander and pop back in the pot (off the heat). Drizzle with oil and stir through to prevent sticking.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the beef strips shifting as they colour, until cooked through, 2-3 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when the outside is browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once browned, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the red wine jus, stock powder, passata, chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice), garlic, 100ml water and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p) to the pan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 10-12 mins.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Stir through a knob of butter. Add a splash of water sauce if the sauce is too thick.
- Before serving, toss pasta and beef through the sauce.
- Share the beef arrabbiata between bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkling of cheese.