Speedy Aubergine Ragout
with cannellini beans and Greek style cheese
Feel like eating something fancy but don't want to spend all evening in the kitchen? This speedy aubergine ragout is ready in a flash but still filled with flavour—and looks great on the plate!
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
Greek Style Cheese
Harissa Spice Mix
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas mark 9.
- Trim the aubergine and chop into 2cm pieces. Pop onto a large (lined) baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast the aubergine until golden brown and soft, 20-25 mins. Turn halfway through.
- Meanwhile, pour 200ml water (500ml for 4p) into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Bring to the boil.
- When boiling, remove the pot from the heat then stir in the couscous and half the stock powder.
- Pop a lid on the pot.
- Keep covered for 8-10 mins or until ready to serve.
TIP: If you're in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Chop into 2cm chunks.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans in a sieve.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the pepper until charred, 5-7 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
TIP: Stir only every so often so the pepper picks up a nice colour.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Add harissa spice, cannellini beans, chopped tomatoes, honey, half the Italian herbs, ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p), half the parsley and remaining stock powder.
- Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Once cooked, stir in the roasted aubergine and a knob of butter.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if necessary.
- Once everything is ready, fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Crumble the Greek style cheese into small pieces.
- Serve the stew on a bed of fluffy couscous.
- Top with the crumbled Greek style cheese.
- Finish with a sprinkling of parsley and a pinch of pepper.