Sweet Chilli Beef Noodles
with bell pepper
These sweet chilli beef noodles are salty, sweet, and just a little bit spicy. The sprinkling of scallions adds crunch and a bit of brightness while the fried veg gets you one step closer to that all-important five-a-day.
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Dried Chilli Flakes
Red Wine Vinegar
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Drain in a sieve.
- Return to the pot, off the heat. Add a splash of oil and toss to prevent sticking.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and grate the garlic.
- Place a large pan over high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the pepper, garlic and onion.
- Cook until charred, 4-6 mins. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Stir infrequently—you want the pepper to pick up a nice colour.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Return the pan to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, add the beef strips and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until browned, shifting as they colour, 2-3 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw meat and its packaging. Meat is safe to eat when outside is browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan, cover and set aside.
- Return the pan to high heat with another drizzle of oil.
- Pour the soy sauce, tomato paste, red wine vinegar and sweet chilli sauce into the pan.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add a splash of water if the sauce needs loosening.
- Add the egg noodles and charred veg along with half the chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice).
- Toss together until everything is well coated.
- Divide heaping helpings of saucy noodles between bowls.
- Top with the beef strips.
- Garnish with as much of the remaining chilli flakes as you like.