Thai Style Beef Noodles
with bell pepper and peas
Toss out the take away menu! These Thai Style noodles are lightning quick to prepare and exactly the kind of fresh, nutritious, homemade dish you really want this week. Your tastebuds will thank you.
(Contains Egg, Wheat)
Thai Style Spice Mix
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Dried Chilli Flakes
Garlic, Ginger & Lemongrass Paste
Not included in your delivery
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the egg noodles.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook until softened, 4-6 mins.
- Once cooked, drain in a sieve then return to the pot, off the heat.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to prevent sticking.
- Cover to keep warm and set aside.
TIP: If you’re in a hurry you can boil the water in your kettle.
- Meanwhile, halve the bell pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the beef mince, bell pepper and lemongrass paste until the beef is browned, 6-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw mince.
- Season with salt and pepper. Use a spoon to break the mince up as it cooks.
- Add the Thai spice mix and cook until fragrant, 1 min.
- Add the stock powder to the beef along with 50ml water (double for 4p) and the lime juice.
- Stir in the peas, chilli flakes (use less if you don't like spice), ketjap manis and sweet chilli sauce.
- Simmer everything together for 1-2 mins.
- Once cooked, remove the mince from the heat. IMPORTANT: Mince is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: You can leave out the chilli flakes if cooking for kids. It will still taste delicious without!
- Add the drained noodles to the pot.
- Mix well to coat in the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Share the Thai style beef noodles between bowls.
- Finish with a sprinkling of lime zest.