BBQ Bean Tortillas
with baby gem salad and cheesy sauce
These DIY tortillas are filled with hearty beans and oozing melted cheese. Serve hot and get ready for a fiesta of flavours.
Red Kidney Beans
Chopped Tomato with Onion & Garlic
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Apple Cider Vinegar
(Contains Egg, Mustard)
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven (for the tortillas) to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the beans in a sieve.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Trim the baby gem, halve lengthways and thinly slice widthways.
TIP: If you don't want to turn on your oven you can dry-fry the tortillas in a pan instead!
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Fry the drained beans until softened, 2-3 mins.
- Pop in the chopped tomatoes, ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Cover and simmer for 4-5 mins. Add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the chipotle paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place a medium pot over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp butter (double for 4p).
- When melted, stir in 1 tsp flour (double for 4p).
- Cook for 1-2 mins, stirring continuously.
- Stir in 50ml water (double for 4p), creme fraiche and cheese.
- Bring to a boil and allow to simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, mayo, 1 tbsp oil and ½ tsp sugar (double both for 4p).
- Stir well to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving toss the chopped salad leaves through the dressing.
- Pop the tortillas into the oven to warm, 1-2 mins.
- Once warmed, plate the tortillas and top with the dressed salad leaves.
- Spoon over the BBQ beans.
- Add a generous helping of cheese sauce.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Garnish with sliced scallion.