Chicken and Couscous Salad
with tomato and Greek style cheese
This warm chicken salad is filled with fresh veg and wholesome grains, meaning it's healthy yet satisfying at the same time. There's something for everyone to enjoy in this easy recipe.
(Contains Wheat May be present Soya)
Diced Chicken Breast
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Greek Style Cheese
Apple Cider Vinegar
Not included in your delivery
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Arrange on a lined baking tray and toss in a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the chickpeas are crispy, 20-25 mins.
- Pop the couscous into a medium bowl.
- Add 200ml boiling water (500ml for 4p) to the bowl along with with the muscat. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a plate or cling film and leave aside for 10 mins or until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomato into 2cm chunks.
- Halve, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Roughly chop the parsley (stalks and all).
- In a large bowl for the salad, mix the sweet chilli sauce, juice of half the lime, half the parsley, vinegar and a drizzle of oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and toss with the onion, tomato, chickpeas and sweet chilli sauce.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chicken, salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8-10 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Divide the couscous between bowls.
- Crumble the cheese over.
- Top with the golden chicken.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley.