Chicken Pad Thai
Chicken Pad Thai
with udon noodles and lime
As far as noodle dishes go, pad thai is a certified classic. This perennially popular dish has been a favourite menu item in Thai takeaways for years—but now it's delivered directly to your door in a different way!
Under 650 calories
•Egg(s) not included
Total Time20 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
(Contains Soya, Wheat)
Diced Chicken Breast
Not included in your delivery
Energy (kcal)515 kcal
Energy (kJ)2153 kJ
of which saturates2.1 g
of which sugars7.8 g
Dietary Fiber0 g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Trim and thinly slice the scallion.
- Juice half the lime and cut the rest into wedges.
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press).
- Halve the pepper and discard the core and seeds. Slice into thin strips.
- Trim the pak choi then thinly slice widthways.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once hot, fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 5-8 mins. IMPORTANT: Wash hands and equipment after handling raw chicken and its packaging. Chicken is cooked when no longer pink in the middle.
TIP: Notice a stronger smell from your chicken? Don’t worry, this is normal due to vacuum packing we use to keep it fresh.
- Add the pak choi, garlic and pepper to the pan and fry until tender, 3-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the lime juice, soy sauce, peanut butter and 25ml water (double for 4p).
- Add half the scallion to the bowl.
- Whisk 1 egg (double for 4p) in a separate bowl.
- Shift the veg to one side of the pan.
- Pour the whisked egg into the empty side of the pan and gently stir to create a scrambled texture.
- Stir-fry everything together for 2-3 mins.
- Add the sauce from the bowl to the pan and mix well.
- Gently separate the noodles with your hands and carefully toss through the sauce until fully coated and warmed through, 1-2 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken pad thai in bowls and garnish with the remaining scallion.
- Serve with lime wedges alongside for squeezing over.